New for 2021!
Fill the Bowl Art Auction
We will be auctioning unique artwork in the two weeks leading up to Boo-le-Bark on the Boulevard, showcasing local artists. The centerpiece of the auction is twelve pet food storage bins, each painted by a different artist. In addition, we will have 9 unique pieces of art created specifically for this auction and 4 gift baskets featuring donated items that celebrate the joys of pets (both dogs and cat) and the many special offerings of Athens. The auction will be online through Handbid and many of the pieces can be shipped, so don’t let your location keep you from participating! (We will add a link here when available.)
Each item for offer in the Fill the Bowl Art Auction is one-of-a kind, created specifically to benefit Athenspets and help our neediest animals (and the people who love them).
All auction items will be available for viewing during the auction period at Athentic Brewing Company, including during the artist reception and Boo-le-Bark pre-party on October 7 (5pm – 10 pm). Come see the auction items, meet the artists behind them, and place a bid!
The auction will end just as the parade begins; the lucky winners can pick up their artwork at Jittery Joe’s Roaster and Tasting Room after the parade, or in town the week after the parade. Some items will be able to be shipped (including the food storage containers); those that can be will be marked with the cost of shipping listed.
Check back for photos of the artwork and information about bidding on items!
Fill the Bowl Food Bin Auction: Fill the Bowls of needy animals while bidding on BEAUTIFUL and unique works of art to hold your pet’s food!
- Adrienne Antonson (State the Label)
- Kristen Bach (Treehouse Kid and Craft)
- Abby Deschenes (Little House Works)
- Will Eskridge
- Abby Kacen
- Darya Kalantari (Chico Lou’s Fine Tattoos)
- Brian Kindamo (Walk the Line Tattoo)
- Mary Porter (Mary Porter Paintings)
- Peter Reitz
- Eli Saragoussi
- Dan Smith (See Dan Paint)
- Patti Smith (Patti Pots)
- Ashley Butler (Vintage Hound Woodworks)
- 12″ chrysanthemums custom painted by Lou Kregel (this size is now discontinued and will not be available for purchase generally)
- 3-4′ tall metal sculpture of a dog with a heart hanging inside from Ben Vass (Vass Metal Works)
- private donation of signed giclee print from Berke Breathed (artist and author Bloom County & Outland) with hand drawn portrait of “Rosebud”, custom framed as a donation from Athens Art and Frame. Includes a hardback copy of Breathed’s ode to rescue dogs, “Flawed Dogs“, which features the print
- a mixed media homage to Athens and its patron goddess, Athena, by Rebecca Edmondson
Other donors for our gift baskets: We will be auctioning off 4 gift baskets with fantastic contents provided by: